Teen Depression Community
Am I really depressed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Am I really depressed?

I've been dealing with depression since I was 15 years old. I am now 18, turning 19 in January. I was hospitalised for three weeks and a half at the age of seventeen, seen numerous councellors and phsychologist, been put on countless amounts of medication for anxiety, depression and sleep, self medicated with marijuanna for a year at the age of 17-18 and had an eating disorder (anorexia) before I started smoking marijuanna. I also attempted to overdose and failed this summer. That was the first time I actually attempted. Before then, I would draft my suicide notes, make a plan, and come really close to running in front of a bus or a car on the highway but always stopped myself. I find myself very open about my depression and suicide issues, however not for attention.. But when someone offers to listen, I spill all the details and I can't help it. I'm scared though.. The thought of suicide scares me so much. I feel so alone, so hopeless and I want to commit suicide but never get the guts to do it.. What does this mean? Sorry for the vague paragraph, I didn't want to make it longer than it already is..

PS: I've been diagnosed with minor social phobia, severe depression episodes or watever, and insomnia.
I'm here for you if you need to talk. Feel free to message me, God bless
I haven't overdosed but I have been thinking and haveing suicidal thoughts I recently think that smoking will help my depression I just turned 15 and I tried almost every medication there is that isn't a steroid my energy levels are low I don't eat that much and I have severe episodes where I cry my eyes out and can't seem to stop I have no way to talk with my family I feel that everyone hates me and wants to harm me I have very low self esteem I hate myself so much I can't stand myself. I would talk to myself in my head and then I would say stop he not this or that I'm a *****. Then I start crying I wanna get rid of my depression but I can't something is keeping me from reaching happiness an I think I know what it is its myself sorry for making this so long I have no one to talk to at home or school
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
lizfal commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Jul 26