Teen Depression Community
Anxiety Meds?? Do i need them??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Anxiety Meds?? Do i need them??

I ahve been having anxiety for a while now, and i feel like i am going to lose control all of the time. I get home and start getting restless and angry as if the anxiety is killing me. It hurts, and ruins my mood every day. I dont know how to get rid of it. It makes me really upset, and i have begun to have suicidal thoughts again, and i also hurt my wrist with a really tough rubber band to minimise the internal pain. I am sick of it.
What should i do? Please help me.....
(And a comment would be very much appreciated.)
Thanks.
0%
 (0) 
Put on a fake smile and pretend everything is ok
0%
 (0) 
Talk to the counsellor about it as usual
0%
 (0) 
Go to the doctors for further diagnosis's
100%
 (1) 
Die
1 Member voted
Well here is my own vote.....to die....
Woops i meant to post this onto the anxiety help community.. Sorry....
Anxiety can be mind boggling. And also a mind control thing. You have to try to ease your mind when your thinking anxious. Sometimes people can't control it so that's what they got meds for but get counseling first so you don't have to resort to meds. Hope all is well. God bless. And pray.
Thank you. And i have got counselling, and i will be seeing her again for the first time in a few weeks. The thing is that i cant control it either. As sson as walk into school it starts. Then it lasts all the way tilll the night. I don tknow if i can bear it any longer. And everytime i get it, i feeel lke screaming. Or crying. I dont know if i actually should resort to the meds....?
Hi Sweetie, please don't do anything to harm yourself. You are such a wonderful, kind, sensitive person. Remember you are loved.

I think you should continue to see your counsellor and take meds. Don't be scared to try them, you can always discontinue their use if you don't get any benefit?  What would be the worst thing that could happen if you give them a try?

I told you about myself and my daughter who suffers from anxiety and depression.She has to take anti anxiety med and antidepressants, and I do too. I'm doing much better, but unfortunately my daughter is still struggling but she is still here! And she is having more good days than bad.

One thing that really helped me was going to a real yoga class where they do relaxation.  But you have to do it with a yoga teacher, not at home.
I found it calmed my mind, made me super relaxed and the benefits would last me through the whole day :)  Then you can always practice the breathing and exercises at home.

Take care mishymoshymarcy, try to be strong, and just try to live life one hour at a time.  And if you think you are going to harm yourself that is when you call the hospital.  My daughter had to go twice, and she got a lot of help.  So if you don't feel like you can stay safe, please, please call the hospital for help.  That is what they are there for.

And again, remember that you are important and you are loved.
Be safe, Sue xoxo

Hi. I only harm myself because i cant scream while i am in the house, seeing everyone will hear of course. I dont know what to do. I am very indecisive. But also my anxiety is really bad, but what if others say thhat i dont need them? What if people judge me? What will i do?
I know i am loved, thats why i just wish i could die, and everyones memory of me will be wiped out. (or something like that, like i wish i didnt exist even....  i know it sound silly, but thats what it feels like.). In other words no one will realise i was gone.
Also about the harming again, its only with a rubber band, although i do pull it pretty far back, but in a way it helps.
The only thng is that if i do resort to meds, i just wish my family wouldnt know about it. They think i am alright now, and i DO NOT plan on telling them otherwise. I know they love me, but i feel very unconfortable talking to them about how i feel, that why i usually go to the teachers at my school or the cousellor of course.
And lastly, i dont feel like i have much strength left, i sometimes say to myself that if i had the courage, I would do it for sure. I was absoluetly terrible last year where it lasted over 3 months. I was really bad, and i do not want it to end up like that again....

P.S. Thanks for the comments :) My self esteem is pretty low at the moment.
Thanks. xoxo
OH my goodness sueduva, i am sorry. By the harming myself, i for a mintue thought you meant the rubber band. Sorry i am dumb. I now know you meant about the suicidal thoughts. Thanks.
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mishymoshymarcy I need motivation. Feeling ... Comment
knew it wouldnt last that long...
Dec 18 by mishymoshymarcy