Can physical pain be caused by depression?
I'm 18 and a senior in highschool. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety my freshman year after attempting suicide. The start of my day is usually accompanied by nausea and soon followed by back pain. It lasts from the time I wake up until I leave school. Could this be caused by the anxiety or depression? Is there anything I can do to make it any better? Suggestions please! My attendance is really suffering.
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is possible that this is indirectly related to anxiety. But I recommend that you have this checked also for proper evaluation and to rule out gastrointestinal issues or musculoskeletal conditions in the back. Diagnostic tests such as xray of the back and direct clinical examination may help rule these out. Take care and hope to hear from you soon!