Teen Depression Community
Can teens take antidepressants/mood stablizers?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Hi, i am wondering how many teens are taking any kind of anti-depressant and or mood stablizers??? My daughter is 15 now and has turned our entire family up-side down with her abusive mouth, disrespect, lying, "violent" outbursts, "always" cunning and planning things" at the expense of anyone! She doesnt care one bit who she hurts! I have learned that she has lost a bunch of friends at school because of her being conceited and dating some rich boy that everyone thinks is a looser! It is BAD, really bad! She calls me extremely horrible names, gets in my face when i am on the phone with my mom, she demands and screams and has fits for me to "give her THE PHONE" I dont know what to do! My mom told me she would knock her TEETH out, put her flat out on the ground! Thats how her mom would handle it!! Thats how they did it back in the old days!  Maybe that's part of the problem with teens today! They say they have it SO hard! OMG! Most of them have NO clue how easy they really have it! Why is it that a teen thinks the entire world revolves around just them???
i am going to take some anti depressants teens want to think that way no one else matters to them the want some attention i dont know why and i am a teen so wierd but thats just the way they think not me cause if i did that would be mean and i dont think my mom would like that
i dont think that teens really think the world revolves around them, i think that maybe like me, they are uncomfortable with the situations they are put in, under too much stress, and dont know how to ask for help, so they breakout into all of those other disruptive problems..
Helpless,

I say take her to the dr and get her something.  Maybe something for your self also.  I am so sorry you are having to go through this.  She definitely needs some kind of help, counseling, therapy, Jesus (he healed me).  I would have to agree with your mom.

Will keep you and her in my prayers.

DO
I was on numerous differant medications from the Age of 11 Antidepressants and antipsychotics nothing wrong with a teenager being on them at all
Although certain medications can become addictive and can be relied upon
mishymoshymarcy STOP BEING STUPID MARCY!!!!... Comment
47 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
Nighthawk61 commented on This is for you Grand...