Teen Depression Community
Cannot figure myself out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Cannot figure myself out

I'm nearly 18 and I thought I was bi from an early age, I acted on it and experimented with girls and guys, figuring out what gender I was into. Now, after doing all of that, I still don't know and it kills me inside. I'd be happy straight, bi or gay. I just can't figure it out. I 'stopped' being bi when I was about 16 because i truly believed I didn't like guys anymore, there are loads of debates, especially on the internet about what makes you your sexuality. I feel like I need to be with a guy for security and I don't mind kissing or dating, but I would never have sex with a guy again and as for girls, I don't mind if I have sex or not on the whole tbh. I have experimented with many, many males and equal amount with females. This causes me no end of depression and hatred for myself, I have horrible identity crisis's and I will be happy whatever my sexuality is. (My parents and friends didn't mind at all that I was bi). My question is how do I know what my sexuality? Please help

I can see how upsetting this must be for you. I'm a straight girl, and have been since I was born. I believe that people are born with their sexuality, but it just takes people different amounts of time to discover it. If you like to be with boys and girls, then you must be bisexual. Maybe... try and stop trying to figure out which sex you prefer, and focus on finding a PERSON that you like. Then the rest of the stuff should come naturally, the sexual and non-sexual stuff.

Do not hate yourself. Your parents and friends love you. I think you are possibly thinking too much into this. Try and focus on other aspects of your life, and maybe a special person will come and make you realise that you love a PERSON rather than a gender!

I hope this helps?
Thank you (: that is good advice, I do currently have a girlfriend who is amazing, but I'd also like to know for sake as well as mine ): Thank you for that though that makes a lot of sense! (:
I'm glad I could be of some help to you! Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!
:)
mishymoshymarcy it feels great to achieve t... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Infowars commented on The Turbinates: What ...
May 28