Teen Depression Community
Cutting my Arm/Wrist and idk how to stop

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

okay well my thing is i am 18 and like i was really close to my grandparents and they died but that was way back in like Jan and March and like idk, then i started dating this guy and i thought i was pregnant and i wasnt then found out he was cheating on me and then i started getting really deppressed all the time about everything and idk what happened but one time i just picked up a knife in my kitchen and went into my room and cut my wrist and that was the first time and i was scared and now EVERYTIME i fight with my dad or family about something thats what i do i go in my room and i cut my wrist and the more upset i am the more deeper it is ... and like i thought i had it under control but now idk if i do or not and it *****.... all my friends ever say is ...then just stop if u want to....well it isnt that easy.... and my family and i fight about everything and they say i am not acting like myself anymore and like ...my mom and my brother found out i started cutting and my brother dosnt care and my mom thinks i stoped like a month ago ...and i havent.... and like thats how i feel like noone really cares so why should i stop ??? .... but yet i know i should stop and i want to but it is really hard and i am trying but i need supposrt from my friends...and i just wish i was easy to stop the way it was easy to start..... but its not
cutting is something that many people do.  it is a release of that tension, anger and whatevere is is going on but it is not a good thing to do.

you need to talk with someone that can teach you other coping mechanisms.  i would strongly suggest meeting with a therapist and if need be, maybe a low dose of an anti-depressant medication.
So its been 5yrs since I started abx I'm proud to say I have stoped cutting. I stoped about a yr ago. I met ny finace 2yrs ago when I was in a bad place in my life again. And he really helped me. I'm so happy now I still get urges but I don't let them get ti me now
mishymoshymarcy commented on nursegirl6572's status
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
mishymoshymarcy I have a heart full of ambi... Comment