Teen Depression Community
Cutting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Cutting

What causes people to cut themselves?
People cut because they have so much pain inside that they have trouble letting out so when they cut that shifts the pain to a physical pain and can actually make them feel a little better, for a little while. The only problem with that is they never really deal with the emotional pain, they're just covering it up or shifting it to something else. And the more they cut the deeper they have to cut to have the same feeling which not only causes scarring which will only make them more self conscious and self loathing but can also be dangerous because they can accidentally cut too deep causing serious damage or even death if they cut a vein.
People who cut need to find a good therapist who is familiar with cutting and can help them find coping skills and healthier ways to deal with stress and emotional pain so that they can find true healing inside and out.  
i guess different people cut for different reasons but i cut to rid myself of the constant emotional pain of depression; if only for a minute. because sometimes the pain inside of me is far to much and my heart starts pounding and i feel life waying my down so i can barely breath and i just want to die so i take the razor and cut. i watch the blood trickle down my skin and feel the burn and the pain and i can breath again. and once u ve started u can't stop.
I cut because the physical pain of cutting temporarily replaces my emotional and mental pain. I also cut because it's a sense of relief for me. But I think the main reason for me is punishing myself. I cut when I feel as though I have eaten too much, upset someone or anything I find I have done wrong. I also cut when the depression, anxiety and eating disorder just gets out of hand and I feel like I can't control myself.
Ashkaikyl88 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status