Teen Depression Community
Depressed, lonely and un-loved

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Depressed, lonely and un-loved

Im a 17 year old gay guy and I'm finding it really hard to cope with life, I have hardly any friends and I find it hard to fit in Because I have low self esteem issues and Im not into the popular culture of today, finding a partner is really hard and stressful for me and I cry a lot Because I believe I will be lonely forever. I try to find new partners all the time using Facebook and other sociol networks, I keep arranging to meet up with boys and I trust them Because I know they are there for the same reason as I am and also I am more careful about weather someone is really who they say they are Because I video chat or phone them, anyway, I have met a couple of boys I really like, but I always get so paranoid as to wether they like me or not despite the fact they say they do, also I always try to organise dates where we can meet but it either gets cancelled or my social phobia stops me from doing so, the worst part is my paranoia towards them, i feel it agitates them and they get put off, I just don't know what to do, my life was onnce so full of joy and I always used to be happy, now I feel like I've lost everything, I don't know what to do
Hello. I am so sorry you are feeling this way... You wont be lonely forever, there is always someone out there... If you don't have many friends, then those who aren't your friends are missing out on an amazing guy!! Look, i am very sorry that i am not able to give you that much help (so you may want to wait for the next comment) because i am a few years younger than you. It will be okay. Be Strong. You have a whole life ahead of you. :) It'll work out in the end... :)
It doesn't sound like you need to find a man so much as you need to find yourself first. I am going through the same kind or things right now. How can you love someone if you cant look into the mirror and love yourself? I have the same problem, but know the problem is half the battle:) I don't have many friends either but sometimes you just have to put yourself out there! 17 is young and you will have so many good things happen if you can smile and try to let the good in!:)
Loneliness may be felt as a result of a lack of love in our life and can be as devastating as the feeling of grief after losing a loved one. After the breakdown of a relationship we may feel abandoned, rejected, unworthy and insecure and this can lead to a feeling of loneliness.

Keep in mind that all friendships are important and not just those of a romantic nature.  As people initially share small things together this can lead to eventually sharing innermost feelings, which of course may take time, but friendships can evolve and be cemented. When you learn to respect and value yourself you can come to enjoy your own company and eventually others will too.

Regards,
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 19
mishymoshymarcy I need motivation. Feeling ... Comment
Dec 19
knew it wouldnt last that long...
Dec 18 by mishymoshymarcy