Teen Depression Community
Depressed after Abortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Depressed after Abortion

I have been struggeling with depression for the past year and a half since I had an abortion and I really dont know what to do anymore. I turn 17 next month and am seriously thinking about just not going back to high school next fall, because I hate it so much. I cry every day, and I have felt so alone, so hollow, just about the only thing that gives me comfort are my cigarettes. Now that its summer, and I have nothing to do all day, but feel sorry for myself and chain smoke non stop. Im smoking at least three packs a day now and am also on Wellbutrin, but nothing seems to make me feel better or hopeful.

The whole story about who I think the father was, and everything else is such a mess, it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it and how much I miss him. What have other people done to get over this, because I just dont see any way out right now.

Addie

I need a little more information to be able to help you.
Are you depressed because you had an abortion or because you didn't stay with the babys dad after the abortion? Why did you get an abortion? was it your age or baby daddy issues?

Hey...

from personaly experence i had an abortion on the 18th sept. will be two yrs this yr. im still not over it... i see babies i want to cry. but i hate my reasons. i was in school. i was 16. i was in a abusive relationship. and i didnt want my child growing up like with that.. its took a part of me with... ill never get over it. but i keep my self busy by going back to school. taking my my mind of it. im going into childcare because of it... i regret my decision every day of my lfie. on some days. i sit alone and cry all day and no one why. because i cant talk to anyone... iv just recently told my boyfriend about it. he was fine with it... and if you have someone to talk about it with. its easier.
im now 18. and iv promised my self when i have my next child ill be keeping it no matter what. i cant go through that....

Just find something productive to do. keep your self busy. sport.?.. reading... what i also do. is iv got an diary its called efficient diary you can down load it. its password kept. and i right all my thoughts down upset or happy... and it helps me get by...
take care

xx
mishymoshymarcy STOP BEING STUPID MARCY!!!!... Comment
1 hr ago
Nighthawk61 commented on Embarrassing, but i n...
Nighthawk61 commented on This is for you Grand...