Teen Depression Community
Depressed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Depressed?

I'm a 19 year old girl. I feel sad and lonely half of the time, and fine the other half of the time. A few times now I have been angry all day, taking it out on my boyfriend and then crying all night... when asked what has been wrong, I cannot answer as I have no idea. This makes it worse, because then I'm frustrated about not knowing what is wrong with me. I am taking Microgynon 30 as a contraceptive pill, but my Doctor told me that it should not affect my mood. I have always been an extremely emotional person... especially since I was 14. I suffered major depression then, but that was caused by my grandma becoming terminally ill and problems with friends. I was suicidal back then, but I'm not anymore. I can see similarities between the way I felt when I was 14 and how I feel now. I have great parents, and I have a boyfriend who I'm very happy with. But I still feel lonely. I am unhappy with my situation at university, but I don't think it's enough to cause me to feel depressed.

I don't know what to do. I don't believe in taking pills... they only act as a deterrent, not a cure. I don't feel as though counselling would help, as I can't think of anything that I would state as a problem in my life. Could this possibly be something called clinical depression? Am I bipolar? I don't know.

Please help me; I can't seem to stop crying... or laughing.
I have also gone through this, I never know if it's gone because you swings start so minor from amazing to horrific. The best thing to do in the bad times is to rest and relax a lot, do things you like and all that (:
Thanks for replying :)
Any little thing can tick me off, but then it just sinks deeper and deeper. I'm back at uni for six weeks now, so trying to keep positive and busying myself with lots of work and revision to keep my mind active! Then it's home for summer and I have lots of time to relax :)
Almost word for word, this sounds like what I am and have been going through. My best advice to you is to try and talk to someone who can atleast somewhat relate to you. Try giving your bf a little break, I know its hard and it epically ***** but it'll actually help you alot. I've been with my bf for almost 4 years and we have been through hell and back a million times, but trust me, depression makes you grow up alot faster than you should. Seriously, try and keep yoursefl busy as possible. Esp with physical things such as going to your school gym.  I know it doesn't make things better and you may not know me, but please feel free to message me with any questions or if ou just need to vent. I'd love to help..
~Kelsy
mishymoshymarcy What in the world am i doin... Comment
evewisewoman commented on STOP BEING STUPID.
Nighthawk61 commented on This is for you Grand...