Teen Depression Community
Depressed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Depressed

Lately I've been depressed,but I'm not depressed for the whole day. I tend to overreact when I get yelled/criticized.

But I also have been thoughts of suicide.I feel like there becoming more common

IDK,what to do. I'm terrified & don't want to tell anyone especially my parents. I don't even what I'd say.
Hi,
I understand what you are going through - you are not alone and depression is far more common in teens than you may think. Aside from your parents, talk to somebody such as your  friends, teacher, counselor, coach or  even to a stranger  through hotlines that are made exactly for this condition such as nineline.org  or visit Befrienders Worldwide.  Having thoughts of hurting yourself or others does not make you a bad person because depression can make you think and feel things that you usually do not do. Staying connected to friends and family,  keeping stress under control and healthy lifestyle choices can also help. Take care and hope to hear from you again.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
daniarcade commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
16 hrs ago
Blank
addict3 commented on Staying Active with c...
Sep 19
547913_tn?1317359267
Blank
jimi1822 commented on Staying Active with c...
Sep 19
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track Mood Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Teen Depression Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank