Teen Depression Community
Do I have depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Do I have depression

Ok, so I'm a 13 yr old girl. And times have been a bit hard for me. I just changed schools this year so everyone in this school is new to me. I feel like everyone hates me and a few boys tease me. I hang out with these 2 girls but I find they have been ignoring and ditching me latley. So that's been kinda hard.

Also, all the stuff that I used to like to do ( draw dance photography ect ) I don't do it anymore. I mostly just go on the Internet and talk to my best guy friend from my old  school since we talk a lot. And I have been getting very upset and angry for no reason. And I get upset at the littlest things that may happen in the classroom or in my home. I have never actually cut yet but I have been do upset latley I'm really thinking about it. Do I need help??
you sound exactly like me at 13… I mean exactly (even down to the best guy friend detail)… I switched from private to public at 13… I remember feeling very similar, only instead of cutting, it was drugs.
I held off from using til i was 18… this was a long time ago and things are better now, but throughout therapy and rehab… a lot of reflection was done on the circumstances surrounding switching schools at 13.
If only i had reached out for help at that time… Yes, I would say that your feelings are with merit and at such a developmentally crucial age- you should get control of this now.
a little help never hurt anyone..
good luck, stay strong! …dont give in to the urges (no matter what)… no good can come from it (as you know).
honey156 commented on photo
1 hr ago
honey156 commented on photo
1 hr ago
honey156 commented on photo
1 hr ago