Friend too happy after death?
So a close friend of mine mom died 3-4 days ago (over the weekend so I didn't see her "initial" reaction) and on Facebook (reliable source) she said that she was very surprised and sad, like any child. I don't think she was all that close with her mother, and I don't know why she died. All though I do suspect it was a cause of eithersmoking/alcohol. I also know she was hospitalized a few times because of those in the past. But she went to school today and was REALLY surprised. She was fine. She was laughing with me and my jokes along with everyone else. Her nose wasn't red and nor we're her eyes. I saw her right in the morning too (her stop on the bus is right before mine). She has a history of severe anger, depression, and cutting. I'm worried that she might be suppressing her frelings. What do you all think?
I REALLY think you shouldn't ask her. She may be hiding her feelings, because this sounds extremely traumatizing. Try to, without being obvious, get a peek at her arms, make sure she has no new cuts. If she doesn't, ok. She's probably just fighting over it like any other person. She may just not want people to worry about her. If she has new cuts, though, if she told you herself she cuts, or you have talked about it before with her, you may want to say something along the lines of, "What happened to your arm?" She is probably just hiding her feelings. I would not interrogate her, she probably doesn't want to be reminded. I hope my advice helps you!