Teen Depression Community
Friends and myself cutting?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Friends and myself cutting?

Long story short, I know my two very best friends cut and I know that one of them knows the other does but the other one doesn't know she does (if that makes sense). Neither of them know I do, or more recently did. I stopped about a month ago. One of them has stopped, but I don't know about the other. Anyways, we were all hanging out and it somehow got to the point of me saying "I could never cut myself" (I didn't want them to know). Then they were both quiet. Ugh. Did I make a mistake? I can't have this deep conversation with them, it was a while ago and I'm not good at expressing emotions
Congrats on your cessation of cutting. I know it sounds like something some clueless goodie-two-shoes would say, but seriously: if you know someone is cutting themselves, tell someone (you can do it anonymously). I know how those awkward conversations go where you lie to save face and you aren't sure how others took it, but I think you may have just made a positive role-model of yourself. Cutting hurts you in more ways than just physically. It is a secret sign to yourself that you have decided that you face defeat. Screw that. Life gets better, don't destroy yourself over your problems now, they will be gone before you know it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843_tn?1410695600
Blank
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
14 hrs ago
Blank
daniarcade commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Sep 20
Blank
addict3 commented on Staying Active with c...
Sep 19
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track Mood Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Teen Depression Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank