Teen Depression Community
Help getting out of depression?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Help getting out of depression?

I've had serious depression for quite some time, but have no idea how to get rid of it.  I never leave my house except for school, I have no friends, my family hates me (although they actually don't say so), especially my older sister.  I've tried EVERYTHING to feel ok, or even mildly better, but nothing seems to work, because I always wind up back to feeling like I'm the most worthless person in the world.  My family is always underhandedly reminding me of that as well.  Comments such as "No one likes being around you." and "Everyone would be happier if you were gone." (from my sister).  I want nothing more than to leave, but I'm 16, so I legally can't unless I was emancipated (which I can't be since I only have about 2 grand saved up).  I have no grandparents I can stay with, or even uncles and aunts for that matter.  I've sort of tried killing myself once, cutting at my wrists with a pair of scissors, but they didn't go very deep.  The scars were there for about 2 weeks before healing, and none of family even noticed.  

Any advice on what I could do to come out of all this would be much appreciated.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Depression is very common and it usually drains the energy, motivation, and concentration of a person. This can get better.  Don't believe what others are saying to you. You are important and worthy.Talk to your parents about this. A doctor can check for any health conditions that might be causing  these symptoms also. You can also talk to a Counselor at school. Let me know how it goes. Take care and hope to hear from you soon!
mishymoshymarcy Been beating myself up in m... Comment
vivi6121 commented on The Turbinates: What ...
Jul 26
DougEC commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Jul 26
Mood Tracker
Track Mood Symptoms