Teen Depression Community
Help me Help my 14 year old son

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Help me Help my 14 year old son

Im so worried about my 14 year old son,,he has an apointment with a doctor next week,,He dose not take bathes he is so dirty looking all the time,,n he sits in his room every day all day on his computer,,,i trie n talk to him but he just yells at me n tells me to leave him alone,,,he has no friends ,,I know he has social anxiety,,because he gets so panicy around pepole,,,,he missed the whole year of school last year because of this,,,I too suffer bp,,n socila anxiety,,could he be getting this frome me,,What should i do ,,im soo scared for him
Take the Computer away...he gets it back when he cleans himself you are the adult it is your house, you are in control of the way he behaves, you tell him that each day he showers or no PC and mean it, he will soon come round to your idea. If he isnt going out it wouldnt do him any harm to be without the PC anyway...How does he get on at school , what do his teachers say ?
Well, he has really bad panic attacks when he goes t school,,And when i try to inforse it he gets violent n yells,,n shacky,,,N his teachers say when he did go he acted so paranoid,,,even would cover up his work ,,,He sees a doc soon ,,
He sounds depressed and anxious. It's good you're going to see someone. He may benefit from an anti-depressant or anxiety medication. I wish you both the best. I hope he feels better soon!
Did he ever say why he gets panic attacks at school, has he ever told you, possibly the issue is connected with school, it is a good thing he is getting some help maybe it would helkp you also Good Luck let us know how he and you are doing .
Hi,i am a mummy off 3,i have social anxiety 2 and so on,yes i think your son is picking up on ur depression and anxietys,as our children do pick up on our illlness,i understand wat ur going through,but i feel sorry for your son2,some off my anxietys started when i was at school i picked up on my mums anxietys at that time,i was also being bullied at school,your so is feeling so low and down and depressed that off course he doesnt want to get washed,and he might be sitting at the computer all the time,to take him away from watever is happening in his head life and so on,cause off my illness i feel guilty everyday for my kids having to go through my depression everyday,cause they r picking up on it,and my wee sister at 15 also has social anxiety,she had to leave school and get home teaching,it must be hard for your son at his age,something is going on in your sons head,is he being bullied?if so hes the victim,and if your son cant cope with school,home teaching might be best for him,mayb u could write your son a letter,explain wot u want to say to him on it,mayb this would help he might even write u one explaining his troubles,i wouldnt take your sons computer away from him,he cant help the way hes feeling,and behaving,i think u need to get to the root cause off wats getting him down,if its school then he doesnt need the anxietys off this home teaching is for him,like my wee sister,i think mayb some kind off help from ur doctor would be a good idea,stesses come on in every age off life im 28 now and have sufffered with my illness from my teens,maybe u have got help for your son by now,and i wish yous all the best,i just thought i would give u my input,takecare
madie731 i lost a good friend :( Comment
Dec 23
Jemma084 joined this community
Welcome them!
Dec 22
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 19