Teen Depression Community
How can I be nicer towards a friend?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

How can I be nicer towards a friend?

(this isn't really about depression but it has the teen element So I thought I'd post it here too) So I'm pretty close to losing my best friend. I'm always "mean" to her... Okay yes I am probably very mean to her. But it just doesn't seem mean to me because I'm pretty sure I have schizophrenia, or at least a form of it. But I always think SHE'S the one being mean, and I guess I just get into a bad attitude sometimes. It really *****, because when I do something mean ex. Call her or one of her other friends a name she yells at me that I don't ever say sorry. I want to say sorry so badly but when she tells at me a little voice in my head is like "you can't say sorry now, she's being just as mean to you". Yet I constantly rehearse apologies in my head to her. I just can't tell her how I feel. We are very close but I can't tell her i'm mentally ill. I once tried to tell her in a joking matter and she got very mad at me. She said that I should have told her earlier and that she couldn't trust me anymore, so I told her I was just kidding. I honestly don't know what to do anymore, this makes me so sad...
Hello, well firstly for the schizophrenia matter, why don't you organise an appointment and go get yourself checked out. There is a chance that it may not be schizophrenia.How long have you known her for? Has she been a long time friend? Also that is the thing with friends. You may think she is being mean to you, and she may think you are being mean to her. That is the way it always is. I have been through millions of arguments with my friends (especially one of them), and every time i have been so angry that i have said to myself 'I am never going to be her friend again'. Yet we are then friends again the next day. Also the names you call her friend's, are you saying them as a joke or is it the way you really feel about them. Somehting i have learn't is that if you know you have done something wrong or said something that you shouldn't have, it's always best to apologise. Regardless if they have been mean to you in return or not, or regardless of whatever is going on thorugh your head, always admit that you were wrong. I am gathering that you 2 know each other really well, so in that case, supposing you do have a mental illness (which as i said you may want to check out), then is she is a true friend she would understand. Why don't you sit her down in a private place and let her know. If she can;t accept that, then i am afraid to say she is not the friend you should be hanging around with. I wish you luck. Hugs.
madie731 things are soo bad right now Comment
mishymoshymarcy ... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on So much ambition, so ...