How do i tell my parents?
I have tried continuously to tell my parents that i have depression but they either think I'm going through a stage or don't want to acknowledge that i have depression. Please can someone tell me how i make my parents believe me and that they don't think I'm just looking for attention.
Well at first my parent (mum) didnt take any notice, and i thought didnt care how i was feeling. At most times i am pretty sure i have depression, but i can guarantee you i do have anxiety. Well anyway, have you tried talking to a school counsellor? That could help. Or let a teacher know how you have been feeling. Once the counsellor knows then they may tell yoiur parents and then its done. For me it was different though. I "collapsed" one week, and i felt like absoluetly terrible, like i couldnt go on anymore. So i told a teacher, who then told someone else who was in a higher 'place' then her, e.g the head of junior school. They then told my mum. I wanted my family to realise themselves, but they never did until they got that call. And if you expect them to find out themselves, then you may be there for along time. They may not know what it is like to be depressed.
So anyway, as i said , telling a teacher or a coordinator is a good idea and will provide great proof to your parents. That is if you are in school?