Teen Depression Community
I can't overcome this problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I can't overcome this problem

Okay so when I was like 7 years old I was fat and really ugly, and kids from school laughed at me and pointed at me and they where always staring at me. Now that im 15 im thin and pretty I have many friends but yet I feel ugly and im still afraid of going out to partys and stuff cause I still think people will laugh at me and im afraid too make eye contact with people. I think im still kinda traumatized with my childhood. Help? What should I do? How can I get confidence?
I think you should vent here on this sight and talk to people about your experiences. I am very willing to hear you out. Let me assure you that it makes no difference what you look like.As a child I had blonde hair and was a beautiful child. I don't know if you have ever seen the Christmas movie The Grinch with Jim Carey, my looks as a child was exactly the same as the little girl who plays Cindy Lu of course without the make up and teeth. So it has nothing to do with looks, I know of many people who are ugly and fat and horrible looking and society embraces them and their lives are successful and fulfilling and have a great social. I come from a dysfunctional upbringing and was severely ostracized and bullied at school up to the age of seventeen when I decided to leave school, the rest of my trauma came from living in a dysfunctional home. Now I have PTSD, I have no friends or social life. Go see a good health professional you can trust and get some help. You are still very young and fortunately since you have friends these events have not caused too much psychological damage and you can still function in social environments. Don't stress because I believe that you will  fully recover from this trauma.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
mishymoshymarcy Had an amazing day out with... Comment
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
22 hrs ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker
Track Mood Symptoms