Teen Depression Community
I don't know what to do any more

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I don't know what to do any more

I'm 17 years old and have lately felt as if I'm in a deep dark pit and whenever I try to get out something is just pushing me back in. I started to worry about this feeling so I told my mom, she told me i'm probably depressed so I told her to take me to someone to talk to, but she never did. Maybe she just forgot! I'm  popular and have many friends and hang out most of the time with my brother who is 19 years old, but I do homeschooling and my mom thinks that i'm lonely and that is why I may be depressed. I'm not lonely and knows that this is not my problem. I feel very emotional and cry myself to sleep most of the time for no reason. I'm angry all the time and don't feel like laughing. when I exercise I feel bit better but only for an hour or two. my sleeping pattern and eating habits is messed up. I'm also a diabetic and knows being emotional is not good for my bloodsugar levels, but besides that my bloodsugar levels is 99% of the time normal.

I really don't know what to do anymore and i don't feel like talking about to my mom anymore...any advise what i could do??
I am also 17 years old and ive suffered depression for 5 years.  Lke you, i really dont have a reason to be depressed...ive got friends and stuff but im still in this slum of depression.  You really should talk to your mom.  You may not want to but it is whats best for you.  It sounds like you should talk to a therapist and they will determine if you should be put on medication.  Excersize and your diet can make a difference.  also reading and just simply watching tv when im feeling really depressed helps too cuase it gets you involved in someone elses world but your own.  The best thing you can do for depression though is talk to a therapist.
Go see your doctor you mightt need to be on medication to help controll itt.
My mom doesnt ever take mee to the doctor about any thing so mah best bett to you is call your self make your own appointment nd find your own ride there your 17 im sure one of your friends have a car to take you  or one of your  family members will be able to take you...
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
7 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status