Teen Depression Community
I like the weather, but it can get me stressed! Why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Ever since I was little I have alway's had an interest in the weather and mostly enjoy thunderstorms or strong winds. But of course, with the weather, it is something I cannot control, and sometimes when I get bored this is one of the things that idelly I would need in order for me to get my fix!

But quite often when the weather doesen't go my way I can actually get quite frustrated, and I start believing that I will never see another storm again in my life. But it is annoying because when these types of weather happen, it can suddenly make me very happy and excited. The worst is when we have been promised to get thunder but the next day it never comes, and that is normally when I can get depressed because of it not happening. I also get depressed because there doesn't seem to be many other people who are interested in the subject, and to be honest the weather is, to me anyway, the main thing that keeps me going and not just totally die of boredem with nothing else for me to do.

Is it normal to be like this, or is there something wrong with me?
Nothing wrong. Observe the behaviour of kids in the school playground on a windy day, they remain much more active than on calm days.I'm a 'Cloud Watcher', Google it for info. Guess that most people don't notice clouds/weather unless it's extreme. Good that you are interested in what's going on above & around you. Keep it going. Best wishes.
mishymoshymarcy "I came to win, to fly, to ... Comment
Sep 21
daniarcade commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Sep 20
addict3 commented on Staying Active with c...
Sep 19