Teen Depression Community
I think I'm depressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I think I'm depressed

Ok I'm almost 16 years old and female. Now i think im depressed. There are times where i get sad for no reason and start crying and can't stop. I feel alone a lot of the time. I did used to cut but have not in a while. I did think suicidal thoughts but never acted on them. They were more what would happen if i did or even thoughts of how. I did have one person i was close too try to commit suicide twice. There are times where i cant fall asleep for hours and others where i fall alseep but then have nightmares. I have noticed a small loss in appetite but weight is still the same. There are also times where i get irritable for no reason and times where i just cant force my self to talk. I also get headaches a lot if that means anything. I don't really have anyone to talk to either. I can't tell my family because then they will think im just faking. I don't go out and hang with friends because im not allowed. I do text but the conversations are always short and not because of me ending it. As for reasons why i might be depressed well there are a lot. I moved recently away from all my friends. Im extremely shy and cant make news one easily. I get verbally abused a lot. Ive never had many friends when i was younger and ive been bullied. I know this seems all over the place but im just trying to get everything out. I really dont know what i can do though to help myself or if i need to go to someone else.
It's ok, you don't seem all over the place and I understand what you wrote. It is totally understandable that you're feeling the way you are if you moved, have no one to talk to, get verbally abused, etc. Are you in school, and if so is there a school counselor you can talk to? That's where I started when I was a little younger than you. At 35 I still am in therapy (been on and off my whole life) and I've learned all kinds of tools and skills to deal with my depression and anxiety, my crazy family, and the unpredictability of life. You found the right place, there are people to talk to here that understand. :)
Thank you and I am in school and I always feel awkward talking to a counselor.  I feel like they dont take me seriously or if they deem nothing wrong then they will call my parents who will just say I want attention.
If you want to talk, message me :)
I'm really sorry about your circumstance. It's really hard moving away from friends , and especially when they don't stay in contact or if you try make contact, they just make no effort.

Try talking to your parents, or friends that you have. If not , there are helplines that you can call so it's not so awkward for you and they do take you seriously because it's their job.

If you need someone to talk to , feel free to message me anytime for help or even just a conversation.

:-)
brice1967 commented on So much ambition, so ...
Jul 29
shushil commented on Attention All Mouth B...
Jul 29
Alex1872 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Jul 28