Teen Depression Community
I think I'm depressed...but unsure.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I think I'm depressed...but unsure.

I'm a 15 year old girl and lately i have been feeling very upset and somewhat useless. I have been told that my behavior is very unpleasing to be around as i can be very snappy and i always seem to have an unpleasant look on my face. i am unsure if i am acting like this because I am going through bodily changes or because i am depressed. I feel worthless and find that i feel like no body appreciates me or wants me around. I sometimes have thoughts about how i would commit suicide if given the option. I also have a friend who suffers from sever mental depression and mabie because of knowing that me has my that my head is automatically diagnosing myself with it. I am afraid to tell my parents for fear that they will find the idea stupid and see it as only an excuse. I need help.
Hi and welcome and for sure being 15 your having some hormornal changes which will make understanding your feeling and emotions difficult and unclear. This will happen again when your around 50.
Also looking to others for acceptance and value has its place but when the dust clears, one thing youll find that what really important, and what will get you to the other side, is you accepting yourself.

Im older now but was 15 once, and looking back at what others thought was of no value as did not help me in any way to get to where i am now. In retrospect, it was how i felt about others that got me here. I mean caring for those in need, helping animals, a believe in God, respect for my parents and being true to myself. Learning things that could make be financially independant was foremost.

You seem not to be going in the direction in life that you want. In some ways we wait for our parents and peers to guide us but you also need to set your path to freedom. Money is very important as will make you able to help others and youself. Take this time to study hard and find an social interest that will make you financially independant in the near future. I guarantee that many many of those your seeking approval from will approve of your new hot car!!!!!!!!
brice1967 commented on So much ambition, so ...
shushil commented on Attention All Mouth B...
Alex1872 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...