Teen Depression Community
I think im depressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I think im depressed

Well, im a 13 year old girl and im pretty sure im depresed. I have lost intresst in things i loved, i dont understand anything in school anymore even though i understood it perfectly days before. I sleep far to much and i hear myself telling myself that im an idiot who is pathetic and stupid. I was never popular and within months i have stopped caring about my grades and i can hardly spell anymore. It started when my best friend moved away (we were freinds for 7 years) and now shes gone to europe for 4 years. I  dont want to tell my parents because i dont want them thinking that they have done something wrong when they raised me and i dont want them getting worried. I went to the hospital but they told me to call a help service. My school psychologist thinks im just bummed and said i'd be fine but i think its getting worse i've started wondering about suicide. I've been like this for about a year now. Im always tired and i hate myself. Im want to kill etiher myself or everyone else. I've taken lots of tests online and all of them say im depressed. Before i thought i'd get better now i know i wont.
Tags: Depression, help, 13 years old, suicide
Hello Erin after reading your post I feel obligated to maybe help you. I see your 13 I am 29 I have been your age before and I know from experience that around that age a lot fell apart for me two from hormone changes things  just didn't feel right any more see this is public sight so I don't want to share to much info for the world to know but when I was in the same state of mind many  years ago I found writing in a journal to be  help full I found a hobby that was my anger out let  I started reading see you may not understand this know but a lot of things impact us by they way we think if we train our brain to think negatively we will respond emotionally negatively to the things around us for example I have learned that constructive criticism is not always bad if you look at things as a learning perspective and see how it can impact your life in the future or how its beneficial to you to learn the lesson in the matter at hand. see reading the part wear you said your telling your self you feel stupid I felt that way once and that's because every time I did something wrong I had parents that didn't realize that if you say things like your stupid or that's dumb ext.. to your kids they tend to think that way about them self so what i did was as I got older I started doing thing that proved them wrong and me smart like I  at 14 was reading law books from the library and psychology 101 books I was getting straight A's   also I started going to church something about being in church made  me feel loved and apart of something. also realizing that in your teen years it feels like the end of the world but its not life is just getting started also encouraging my self daily like looking in the mirror and telling my self I am beautiful I am smart and today is a good day helped get me out of that mind set and remembering things like ** Strength is looking back and seeing what you have been through and knowing you were strong enough to make it through.** Decisions are the hardest move to make. Especially when its a choice between where you should be and where you want to be. here ar just some things that helped but like I said I don't want to share to much on here but if ever you want to talk I can be found At  http://*************.***/***********.

I'm a couple of years older than you and can't express how greatly I admire you for reaching out and trying to get help. That is the hardest part. I can't believe your student councillor told you that you were just bummed. One in three teenage girls is depressed. Hormones can be a b****, but four years of feeling "bummed" can't be attributed to those alone. My advice? Talk to people who you don't have to stay connected with, but are good listeners. If you find yourself in a dark place (internally), for goodness's sake call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and do exactly as the last four letters say. Just talking can make you feel immensely better.
Oh, and one more thing: life gets better. I promise.
mishymoshymarcy You're not struggling anymo... Comment
Jul 31
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jul 31
Jul 31