Teen Depression Community
I'm 13 and think I'm depressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I'm 13 and think I'm depressed

I'm 13 and think I'm depressed

by chazzhope, 10 hours
ok so I'm 13 my parents split up when I was 4 I lived with my mum untill I was about 9, I've been relatively happy for the whole of my life until now.
me and my dad moved to Croydon because he was getting married however I don't want to go. two years later and I'm 13 and feeling so depressed that I can't see a purpose for life anymore, i used to be quite loud in class but since about a year ago it all changed, I'm constantly getting questioned about my sexuality. To the point where Ive given up on relationships, I've told my parents everything but they think it's just 'the teen stage' every day I can hardly get up in the mornings, I just feel like crying. I've got a eating dissorder (I starve myself) I feel so insecure. I let people do what they like to me I don't care about my body anymore. Ive self harmed for about 6 months, Ive started smoking because i feel like it gives me relief and take tension away. I just want all the pain to end! I've had enough!:'( I've attempted suicide before.
Please I need all the advise I can get at the moment!
I have a 13 yr old and I know this can be a very difficult and confusing age.  I too sometimes wonder what I can do to help make things better.  But, I think maybe there are just some of you that think about things more than others-maybe because you are more mature.  I think the most important thing is to love yourself first and take the time to figure out who you are and what you want.  I also think it is really important to have fun!  These years go by so very fast and you can still think about things but have fun also.  What is it that you want to do?  Where do you see yourself after high school?  Maybe thinking about these things and having a plan (which you can always change) toward your goal.  Some kids can be very cruel.  Them questioning you about your sexuality is kinda a private thing.  But some seem to have very few boundaries-how sad.  This does seem to be the topic at your age and maybe it's because they really don't know either.  Hormones going crazy, the pressures of school, pressures from peers and expectations from parents.  I remember but it does get better.  You need to think about the things you don't like and change them (maybe not right now but in the future).  Take the things you do like a keep them.  I always tell my kids, I have done my best but please feel free to change or fix anythings you feel should be different when you have your own family.  We don't always make the right decisions as parents nor do we always know what to say but I think most of us try really hard.  In the end, all we really want is you to be happy and have greatness in your life.  Unfortunately, much of the work in this starts and ends with you.  Believe in yourself and love yourself always.  When you love yourself, true friends will also and you won't care what the others think anyway.  This is your time to shine-shine bright!
mishymoshymarcy Oh goodness, im losing my s... Comment
School
16 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Sep 01