Teen Depression Community
I'm 14 and I Think I'm Depressed+Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

I'm a 14 year old girl and I'm going into my first year of high school in September. Ending middle school I started noticing I cared less and less about almost everything I did. I stopped piano lessons and became reluctant to go to my archery classes and tournaments. I used to write a lot, but suddenly I couldn't be creative at all.

At the end of school and throughout this summer I became addicted to video games, I'd stay up until 4 or 5AM and sleep until noon or later. Then I'd spend the whole day playing games until late and repete. All the time I have this dark cloud over everything I say and do. Even when one of my best friends came over and made me laugh really hard, I still felt... Empty... And dark.

I DON'T want to be like this, I want to be productive, but I just can't bring myself to do anything anymore... I just don't care. I was supposed to be reading these four books and doing reports on them and I can't even do that! I LOVE reading... This was when I realized there was something really wrong. I sit at my computer and stress about not getting the book reports done and I think of how I'm going to make an excuse or... Something, I don't know what to do. I go to bed freaking out about how I'm not going to get it done and I start crying, normally. I don't want to disappoint the teachers or my parents, because that'd be letting down myself. I told my mom and she says it's just a teen thing, but I think something is really up.

I feel awful and pressed all the time, but I try to ignore it... Something needs to change, but I don't care enough to change it... It doesn't help that my mother does nothing too even though she knows about it, she just gave me a hug and told me not to worry.

I'm scared I'm going to fail high school. I am scared I'm going to disappoint my family and my teachers and I really REALLY don't want to. I want to go back, I want to feel like I used to... I was happy... I was okay...
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Depression is a chemical imbalance... Also... It's time to tell others besides your mom. Hormones at your age can also mess with your mind.  I'm dealing with these same thoughts but at a much later stage in life. It is a real feeling..you are not imagining it.  It's great that you are talking about it.  Getting more sleep will help... You are using the video games as a distraction.  Please tell someone that will listen. Hope this helps.
I use to be like that until i found other activities to do instead of video games and limited my self to two hours a day on the game
I also used to be like that.  My dad limited my video games to an hour a day.  But that ended up not really helping.  I moped around and just sat and watched tv.  But the thing that helped me change was that I went to my friends.  They stood by me for a while but my grouchiness turned most of them away.  One of them stood by me still and made me start writing my stories again.  At first I was really bad at the writing.  I was just getting worse when I saw how my former talent had left me.  But I made a choice that I really wanted to change.  So I kept up with it.  I still am, to be honest.  I'm going into my freshman year of high school in three days so I'm hoping it was enough.  I think it was :)  Try talking to your friends or even a stranger who is willing to listen.  
Hi. I'm 14 aswell, but I'm in 2nd year of secondry school in Ireland. I'm finding I care less about things and am a bit more oblivious to whats going on around me. I talk back to my teachers when they bug me, I cry myself to sleep nearly every night, I have bad dreams, I'm always on the edge, but it's just thinking that something from a horror movie is watching me. I'm usually all excited about christmas, and xfactor and school projects, but suddenly, I'm a little lost. I didn't speak to my mum about it, and I lied to the  school guidance lady. I love to read, but I can't get into my books. I'm keeping up my grades somehow, but I don't work hard in class, except for art, where I feel I can totally relax. Maybe you should draw more, it works for me. I listen to lots of up-beat songs, and avoid the likes of gothic music. Sorry if this is long, but I thought it might help to know your not the only one on the rocky boat! Thanks.
mishymoshymarcy Positive. Work Hard. Positi... Comment
Aug 26
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25
ruthie777 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 24