Teen Depression Community
Needs general support and advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Needs general support and advice

I'm Anna, a 14 year old girl. I have been cutting myself since my 13th birthday and I don't know why.

I started because my ex told me he hated people that self harm so I started just to **** him off. I couldn't get a blade or a razor to work so I used my fingernails. I would run my nails up and down my whole lower arm until it felt and looked sunburnt. The next morning it would be all scabby.

I'm now genuinely depressed in result of stress and over the top school work. I try not to cut but its my only joy. I stand in the shower with a razor and effortlessly make my arm covered in dark red blood. I have over 60 scars and I'm not happy anymore. My friends have started to notice and I don't want to tell anybody.

One of the girls from my school was caught cutting and her mum put her in the hospital and the girl said that it I the worst thing that has vet happened to her. I don't want this happening to me. But I don't want to stop.

Comments? -Anna
I also cry. A lot. Whenever I am alone I just sit or stand there and cry my heart out. I don't know why. I just do and I can't stop it. Help?
Ohkay... Wow. Um, if you're still here (Since it's been a while since you posted this), I can attempt to help... Okay, one thing is you have to stop cutting. It's really not good. It's just a permanent reminder of your feelings. Those scars aren't releasing anything. Trust me. Crying is better, because crying is actually sort of good for you with the hormones it releases, but it would be better if you didn't have to cry even, but we can target that problem some other time.
Over the top school work is a big issue for me too, especially with GSCE's etc. If you're really struggling, try talking to teachers and staff at the school, briefly explain your problem, but don't go into detail with any other problems if you don't have confidence in telling them. I made the mistake of trusting my school.
But yes, if you're not happy, and you don't want anyone finding out, it might sound tough, but you have to stop. Try doing other things you enjoy. I either write or draw now. Or play video games, usually. But I'm coming out of depression, so... Also, if you're not sleeping, it helps to sleep. And keep yourself relatively busy, so you don't over think. Over thinking is bad, but just now and then think about things, it can be very eye opening.
I hope I've helped, although I have abysmal self esteem because I've been told countless times I'm useless and unhelpful... So sorry if I didn't help...
mishymoshymarcy I wish I could just plug my... Comment
Aug 28
Healthtips commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 28
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25