Teen Depression Community
Never Happy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Never Happy

Hi, I'm Rachel and I think I may be depressed....I mean I'm 15 and my boyfriend is the best, he does anything and everything to make me happy and I love him so much.  But no matter what, I can't seem to be happy about it.  I mean I'm happy when I'm around other people, but once I'm alone it hits me like a 10 ton train at full speed.  I can't seem to control it and I don't think I can talk to anyone about it because they would want me to be put into therapy and stuff, but I don't want that...and they'd ask me for reasons when I really don't know the reason.  I've tried talking to some people before (2 to be exact) and one only criticized me and the other only said "I see" and stuff like that, making me feel even worse about myself....I think I need help but I don't know where or if I can turn to anyone for help....
Hi Rachel, for someone who thinks they can't express how they feel you do a great job of doing exactly that. When you are suffering with depression or down there isn't always just one reason or on occasion a direct reason can't be found it is just a chemical imbalance that needs medication to help replace the missing chemicals until your brain is able to replace them itself.
I'm reliably told that going through your teenage years is confusing,  causes mood swings and feeling isolated is also very common. A normal teenager
Sorry, the perils of writing on a phone and mine has a mind of it's own!
A Teenager dealing with emotions that are within the usual curve of emotions expected. ( sorry, I seriously dislike the word normal ;-)  )
You see I grew up from the age of 13 with a mood disorder and Adhd so my teenage years were as far from normal as you can get. My eldest son who is 16 also has a mood disorder and depression is something he deals with on a regular basis too.
I maybe have an advantage over a parent who has never experienced mental health issues growing up knowing what it's like to deal with depression of any kind can be difficult but it's not impossible.  it would be a great help if you could try to confide in your parents about things because 1/ we notice more than you realise and they are either waiting for when your ready to finally confide in them or like some parents who are watching their daughter or son struggle with mental health issues they have no clue how to help or where infact to even start. They could reliably tell you if you have had any changes they have noticed or infact feel you missed. I know confiding in a friend recently was  disappointing but please don't give up trying to speak to someone
For the record confiding in someone doesn't necessarily mean that therapy will definitely follow. I'm not aware of where you live but I live in the U.K and here before someone of your age is treated with medication if that is decided would be of most benefit to you, therapy is generally tried first. .1/ it's not always as bad as it sounds my son tried therapy to help with depression at 13 and also recently,  he's found having someone outside of family and friends to discuss things with helpful,.
I think I've bored you enough but please reconsider confiding in someone who's in a position to try get help if you both feel it is needed.
Plesae keep in touch and let me know how your getting on,  if you need to talk your can send me a message personally or post here and the community will be more than willing to help.
Take carex
keltan commented on Attention All Mouth B...
Cowboylips commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
Aug 20
madie731 everything is bad... Comment
Aug 20