Teen Depression Community
Random behavior 14 yr old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

Random behavior 14 yr old

Nof sure it's depression, but then again I'm not sure if it's borderline or bipolar or schizophrenia so I'm putting it here since I'm a teen. Anyways, I've just been doing some really weird things that my family will sometimes just stare at me for. It started about 3 years ago but got more intense this year. I'm just gonna list them. I am EXTREMELY embarrassed to eat in front of anybody besides family and one very close friend. I'll zone out frequently. 3 times in a class period. I still get good grades it's like im on auto pilot. Sometimes I'll just get in a dream state and I won't finish my sentences and talk with my hands and smile a lot (doubt this is MPD). I feel very uncomfortable rolling up my sleeves and when I see others do it I pull them down to "protect" them. If my pantry light is on (auto light switch) I must be on a rug or carpet when it turns off, not on a hard floor. When I get scared I stop moving and close my eyes and wrap my hair around my face and just whisper please over and over again. I hate looking in mirrors, I'm afraid I will turn around and see something I didn't see in the mirror. I'll say random words just because I like the sound of it. I may or may not repeat them. I'll think of a question, ask someone, then answer it in the third person and say thank you to myself. Ill be friends with someone and the next day everything they do will annoy me, and another day I will be there best friend. Just a few, but you see what I mean <.< what is the cause of this sorcery!? (female if this helpsss)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi again,
How are you? Depression is very common and usually presents with a strong mood involving sadness, discouragement, despair, or hopelessness that lasts for a time. It usually drains the energy, motivation, and concentration of a person. What you mentioned may be due to random symptoms or  associated with  hormone changes during this time. I encourage you to talk to your parents about this also, Keeping a journal may also help. Take care and let me know how it goes.
madie731 i lost a good friend :( Comment
Dec 23
Jemma084 joined this community
Welcome them!
Dec 22
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 19