butterfly project :) (self-harm)
have you heard of the butterfly project?
if not here are the rules-
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you've killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don't cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help. =]

This is wonderful! I wish I had known about this when I cut. I don't know if it would have helped, but it seems like such a wonderful idea :)
Just drew my first butterfly :)
I've always loved this. :D
i found iit on fb. a while back its helped me ALOT :)
This helped me for a little while. Until I forgot about the butterfly on my hand and hurt myself anyway. Then I got really mad at myself for killing my beautiful butterfly. I felt like a murderer and I haven't cut since :( thank god.
amazing idea...definitely be remembering this one :)
I just drew my first butterfly too. I got my boyfriend and my best friend to also draw butterflies on their hands so i know that they are also here for me. You may want to try and get someone who will also draw butterflies on them so you know that they will be their to help and support you.
Thank you, I have never heard of this before, and it sounds like it will seriously help, I haven't self harmed for a very long time now , but I did it again yesterday, I felt so guiltylike I had done my friends and family wrong like a disappointment, but wen I was cutting this never crossed my mind , if I have this on me , then I will never forget , think you so much x
The grade 8s made a big poster on this project and have butterflies for people to trace with. I thought it was a pretty good idea.