Teen Depression Community
depressed 15y/o

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

depressed 15y/o

i am 15
grade 10 in high school
did depression test that said i have severe depression and match almost all symptoms
my parents dont abuse me, but some things they say, i take to heart even though i didnt used to
i wrote a letter addressed to them but dont have the guts to give it to them, explaining my condition i am really confused and dont know what to do
i've started crying alot too, crying while i type this
i dont know why this is happening either

no suicidal thoughts, just need help on how to tell them?
Hi!

I am terribly sorry to hear about what you're going through right now. I definitely know what it feels like to be depressed and in high school. Its especially hard when our parents refuse to hear our cries. As hard as it is don't blame them or be angry at them. I am teaching at a school and there is this little boy there. He has severe behavioral issues, low social skills, he is unable to sit still for five minutes, he is violent and he does no work in class. His parents have been called in several times and yet, the issues persist. Now, we all know that he is not a very normal child however, his parents are unable to see what we see. Why? Parents want to believe very badly that they're children are healthy and normal (based on their definition) to the point where they overlook any type of abnormalities. Your parents are no exception. They find it difficult to believe that you are not getting by the way a teen your age ought to and so instead of looking into it they are perhaps wishing your pain away. Sadly, some parents even believe that once their children's basic needs are being met then everything should run smoothly. WRONG!

Is it possible for you to speak to a counselor at your school? If you could explain to a counselor your feelings and thoughts and the contributing factors to your pain, then perhaps the counselor could act as a mediator between you and your parents and try to get them to understand what has been going on with you. In addition, I would advise you to get out and do some stuff. Make some friends if you don't have any and spend time with the ones you have. You want to help yourself as much as you can because take it from me, if you sit by the sidelines and allow yourself to sink into the structure of your school without doing something interesting, in your adult years you will have some regret.

Update me!

xoxoxo Anna
u dont need to give it directly to them usually it helps if u write it put it in the mailbox or something where they get it n then put a notebook where u can talk to them without the eye contact for now cuz ik how that is its really scary been there :( hope things get better :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnV_3VTYlU
thank you.. this really helped i wrote a letter addressed to them, now i just need to build up the guts to give it to them
thank you for your information.. i told a friend about it, and there are also times when i think im being stupid and think im not depressed but i've talked to someone and its also helping abit
amethystgl commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
22 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy