Teen Depression Community
family

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

family

hi, i am 16yo and have had alot of problems within my life.
My bio father and mother were drug addicts so l was taken away from the, and then my bio dad died.
Now l live with Foster parents, and my foster father is an alcoholic and my foster mother doesnt really care about this, my sister beats me up. And l am having alot of issues with my past, and l am starting to burn myself, smoke, and self injur myself, to stop thinking about these things and to focus onto something differ like PAIN.
Do u know anything that l can do to stop feeling this way?
To be honest I use to cut myself and smoke to transfer the pain I felt inside to something I could manage on the outside. Is there someone you can talk to? My favorite is the anonymous crisis lines(there are teen ones). It is hard to say what you can do to stop feeling that way but more what can I do differently when I do feel that way and what is it that is making me feel that way. The best statement that I have found to change my life is..... no one can make me feel any way that I don't choose to feel. Someone has the power to try to make me feel horrible in many ways but I have the power on how I choose to feel about it.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
mishymoshymarcy Chin up, focus, and do what... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track Mood Symptoms