Teen Depression Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

help

Im 15 and i need to talk to somone. I'm wanting to go to a doctor. I finally broke down and told my friend everything and she wants me to go to a doctor so I'm going. I want to know if I can go to any doctor out there as I live in a small village so every one knows every one. Erm and I need some help in what to start with in telling him. I don't want my mum to know cause she might get mad and I'm ashamed that I feel depressed and can't do enything about it.
It's hard for us to tell you anything with the details you gave.  Can you tell us a little more?  If you're feeling depressed, just open with that.  Most doctors will start off with "why did you come to see me today?" and you can start with that.  If you're worried about forgetting stuff, write down what you want to cover beforehand.  If you're too emotional to even talk, you can write a letter or at least an outline and hand it over to start.  

Remember that doctors have a legal obligation (not entirely sure of the scope of it in the UK) to keep what you tell them PRIVATE.  I'm sure you can find the laws online, and you can also read the forms and ask the office about what sort of information they can share.  In the US, they aren't even supposed to tell someone else that you're even a patient there if that person isn't involved with your care/insurance/have your permission etc.
mishymoshymarcy I wish I could just plug my... Comment
Aug 28
Healthtips commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 28
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25