Teen Depression Community
losing a counsellor for the 6th time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

losing a counsellor for the 6th time

i'm losing my counsellor in about a month so i have around 4 sessions left.i know it coming to an end and it hurts so badly.she's my 6th counsellor that i have had.just at the end of last year i lost my previous counsellor and ended up trying to take my life.im trying not to head down that road.all my friends are scared of it ending because of the impact it had on me last time.does anyone know how to make it a little easier??i have no one when she leaves :'(
Could you set up another one before she leaves so that you can go straight to the next after she leaves so then you will continue to have support. Why is she leaving?  Is there someone else at her practice that you could see after she leaves and maybe just pass on your notes so you don't have to start again from the beginning?

Freddie
i dont know if i can handle seeing another counsellor again and have them leave.her contract is up and they aren't renewing it.i was only with her for about 6 months.
Yes it is a hard one going to see new people and getting use to another person and their different ways of therapy. Have you got any family and friends that can help support you?
mishymoshymarcy You're not struggling anymo... Comment
Jul 31
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jul 31
Jul 31