Teen Depression Community
many problems accumulating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

many problems accumulating

i dont know what to do with myself, everything is going wrong
i dont know where to start with my problems,
i cant seem to get any kind of success in school,
all of my friend do accept me, however that is the fake me and whenever i try to show them what i am really like they just respond with questions like are u insane?!
my mother is a chronic drunk, my dad is in prison and i am still driving myself crazy when i do something that will disappoint them
and finally i havent had a girlfriend for the last 3 years
i really dont know how to solve any of these problems, and i thing that i dont have many more options

Tags: ALL, question, crazy, school, friends, chronic, Many
Ok question one

are you seeing a therapist ? because that is a lot for one person to take on without help. That your mother is a drunk, and your father is in prison, that would affect anyone to make them feel the way you do. It's not un normal. It seems to be traumatic.

are you on medication? It is not as good as therapy but if you explain to them everything that's going on medication can help. if they get you on the right one.

You can't  solve any of these problems on your own that would be difficult that would be way to hard for anyone to do. I hope that maybe you go online type in some of your symptoms if you can't get into a therapist and see if anything matches the way you feel. And if you have any questions or anything i will help you. I'm not a dr. but i have went through a lot of the same things you have. And sometimes it helps to have someone to talk to.

Ok question one

I completely get the bit where you say, " I don't know where to start with my problems" I remember feeling that why when i was younger and seriously depressed. Like everything was just all to much and i couldn't sort out what i needed to do in what order. Now with a bit more experiences although i don't have all the answers i would suggest seeing a psychologist and work on some of the issues you brought up, this should help with coping techniques and help you see things in a different way.

Once you do that, and if you give it 6 months and doesn't work or you still feel this way then i would suggest seeing a doctor, and see if they think medication would be helpful. But i think try the therapy first, ( by the way therapy doesn't mean your weak or anything but can be an amazing tool for learning how to cope and help you feel better)

I think its important to try and set aside some time if you aren't already to do enjoyable things such as hanging out with friends, playing video games, reading, sports etc which i know can be hard when your feeling down but this is very good for body, mind and self.
I am not a doctor though but i have a lot of experiences and have bipolar disorder.
Your young and have been through so much but this is meant to be the best years of your life and you do deserve better than feeling like this.

I hope you feel better soon

Freddie
i'm not seeing a therapist, mainly because my mom thinks it's something to embarrassed about. and i cant have a normal discussion with her because she doesn't accept when someone disagrees with her, she start bringing up all of the bad things i did in the past few years, and then she starts talking about how i am in dept to her because she gave birth to me and that if i don't do as she tells me i should go live with my father(to prison). i tried to talk to my school psychiatrist however she just thought that i was making it all up to get out of a few classes; this makes me feel like i'm in a deadlock and i have no idae of how to sole it

Are you over the age of 18? because if you are that is your choice, and it's nothing to be embarrassed about maybe she's scared to let you go because she knows a lot of whats going on is her fault. I think that you should go no matter what she says. She sounds very manipulative . She shouldnt talk to you like that. I hope that you are ok and if you cannot find a therapist i am Not a therapist but i know a lot about a lot of this stuff and i have a lot of work books i could help you.
i am 18, however i'm afraid to go see someone because if she finds out she'll kick me out again, and i tried to go away and live by myself however i don't make enough to rent an apartment and i cant find anyone who is willing to rent me a single room. although i know that none of what she said is true, but still the problem is that she won't leave me alone and it can last for hours,  i don't know, whatever i do just seems to backfire. but i'm open to suggestions on what to do.    
First thing is go online and see if there is any therapist hotline or a therapist you can just call and talk to . Does your mom use drugs do you know?
i just looked online and there is no hotline in my area. I think that she doesn't use however she might be using pain medicine.
Well sometimes that can be just as bad. I think that maybe you should take the chance and go see someone is there any way you could do it without her knowing?
Cowboylips commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
Aug 20
madie731 everything is bad... Comment
Aug 20
mishymoshymarcy "Emotions are only a tempor... Comment
Aug 20