Teen Depression Community
more than depression?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen depression, abuse, aggressive behavior, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, behavioral issues, fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, grief loss, parent issues, relationship problems, school issues, self-esteem, sexuality, sleep disorders, and step-families.

more than depression?

I'm 16 years old and i've had depression on and off for the past 2 and a half years. My depression always seems to lead to suicide attempts, or cutting. But now I think it's much worse. Now it's like I have to argue with myself over things like that or, like doing drugs and stuff. I know it's bad and that I shouln't do it, but the voice un my head ( sounds liek me I assume it's a conciounce of some sort) feels differently. THe voice in my head keeps telling me to do it. Then I have to argue with myself in my head to get across the fact that I don't want to do these things.Also most people get illnesses fropm donig drugs, but I have only smoked pot twice and dranken beer twice. so I don't believe that has anything to do with my problems. I was wondering if this is normal feelings to have when you have depression

also I was wondering if you take to many ubiprofin, and don't go to a hospital let it comeo ut itself if it can cause any damage or cause other problems
so your like smigel from lord of the rings

it sounds like your schizophrenia and is very serious. whevner you to a therapist one of the things they ask you is do you hear or see anything? you need to go to the doctor because thats nothign to take lightly. you shouldnt have voices in your head
well it's not just any voice it's my voice, I just don't agree with what it's saying kinda thing.
Be very careful about taking too many Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) - it can damage your liver.  Same thing with Tylenol (Acetaminophen).

I think you need to see a psychologist and get yourself evaluated.  It is a really great experience to see a psychologist.  They really can help you.
Hi Becky,

I was exactly the same in my teens, what you describe is what i went through. I would say you are not schizophrenic because you can control the voice but it is very hard to do....and trust me takes a lot of coping strategies and therapy to be able to deal with it any easier.

I agree you should talk to your GP. I have something called Borderline Personality Disorder and would not be suprised if you suffer the same. Part of the diagnosis is repeated attempts of suicide and self harm....but also and this is hard to admit, telling people about it to try and get some help and understanding. This is not done conciously no matter how hard i try not to say anything 9 times out of 10 it ends up coming out.

BPD is hard to diagnois and hard to beat but it can be done with help. It normally stems from a troubled childhood or a major event even if you think you have dealth with it!

Take care of yourself and well done for asking for help

Gem xx
to explain what i mean in a few words .... its like living as two people, you and the voice but they can control each other ;) Hope it helps hun
Healthtips commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mishymoshymarcy Positive. Work Hard. Positi... Comment
Aug 26
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25