scared and confused
I'm 16 and lately I have been feeling really bad. All the time I feel overly sad, anxious, angry, lost, and just plain empty. I don't know why I feel this way because my life-outside looking in-is "perfect". I've lost interest in everything I use to LOVE doing. At night I have trouble staying asleep, and multiple times a week I awake from nightmares. I always dream that someone is trying to kill me or I'm dying. I talked to my best friend about how I feel, but I don't think she truly understands. I haven't talked to my mom about anything because-to be honest-I'm embarrassed. What am I supposed to say? I have no idea why I feel like this...I feel hopeless. I wish I was never born.
See your family doctor Immediately if not sooner. You are displaying many of the classic symptoms of depression, and they will not get better on their own. You have a chemical imbalance in your brain that is causing these symptoms. If your friend or family members say just get some rest, talk to someone else for help. THIS IS SERIOUS. You don't know serious physical and mental pain until you star down that road of depression.They may love you, but they haven't walked in your or my shoes. I just got out of the hospital after a near suicide, and my signs of depression were similar to yours. God Bless you. I hope everything goes well.
                                                                                enginedoc
Something that might help would be to not watch a lot of scary or sci fi movies. If that's something u do.
Im so sorry you are going through this and I no how you feel im 37 years old and I dealt with all that stuff that u have been going through , there is hope ... I went to my family doctor and now I see a shrink and if it wasn't for that I don't no where I would be today ... Just be honest with your doctor tell them how you really feel and that you want help... Hugs im here for you don't ever give up ...