when do i take action about my depression?
I'm 15 and have been depressed for over a year and a half. My depression has gotten increasingly worse to the point where I'm cutting again. I'm sad all the time and crying and just miserable. I am chronically ill and my father has made me believe I don't deserve anything. I feel as though I will never be good enough. I really want to have my minister check me into a facility but I'm scared. When do I say enough is enough? I'm on anti-deppressants but they don't help. I'm afraid I will just be a disappointment.
dont be afraid of y6our mental illness. Talk it over with your minister and if going to get checked it seems the right and best thing to do. DO IT.
I agree with Jaz1989.  Depression is like a road closing and until it is fixed and re-opened you can't travel to where you want to be.  You deserve to be happy!  You may not be on the right medication and it needs to be changed-all those chemicals in the brain can be troublesome sometimes.  There are many, many people who have depression but when they treatment and the right medications, they do wonderful things in life.  This isn't about how your dad feels-this is about YOU!  He would be dissapointed if you stay in this situation also so fix yourself and be happy.  Goodluck!
how long should I wait? I have midterms and college and so much to do I just don't know anymore. I think I'm bi-polar.
I say dont wait any longer,do it asap your happiness is more important then anything else.
i dont think that i will ever be truly happy again.
You truly can be happy again!  It is nothing you have done.  Sometimes chemicals can be off just a little to make things seem really bad.  Stress can trigger it even more.  Do you know how many people (normal every day people from every walk of life and every profession!) get help for depression?  So many darlin.  Some get therapy and some get therapy and medication.  They lead normal lives.  I don't know that I have ever met a normal person.  What is normal?  Thank goodness!  The world would be really boring if everyone was the same.  Get help and feel better!