14 yr old son bed wetting
my 14 yr old son has had multiple tests run for his bed wetting- last doctor told us that his bladder is not fully emptying and gave him some breathing exercises to do while urinating. It helps, but he is still bed wetting 5-6 out of 6-7 nights. HELP!
I can certainly understand how frustrating this kind of a situation can be for a family. As embarrassing as this may be for your son, have you considered using adult diapers for him until his system matures more? This problem takes time to rectify itself. (try and consider this: how many men are still wetting the bed when they are grown?) In other words he needs time to still mature. Try not to make a big deal out of this or humiliate him in any way; it will only make him miserable over something he has no control over. He certainly isn't doing this to hurt or offend you. Try and limit his drinking a few hours before bedtime, especially any drinks with caffine as the caffine will make him urinate more. Also some fruits such as watermelon and vegetables such as asparagus are natural diuretics so watch those things as well. Please feel free to come back to this site, just to vent your frustation if you feel the need to, that's why we are here.