Teen Health Community
17 year old Juvenille Nasolphargenyl AngioFibroma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

17 year old Juvenille Nasolphargenyl AngioFibroma

My 17 year old son had a large tumor removed 4 weeks ago.  The tumor was benigin Thank goodness.  It was the size of a large mans fist from his nose to his ear behind his sinuses.  But since surgery he seems to be extremely tired.  He tried to return to school this past week made it about a half day, and than came home and slept till the next morning.  Is this normal?

Also he is having terrible headaches, the doctor says it is probably migraines and does not seem to care...but it is very odd to me that the headaches are on the right side...
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I am glad to hear that it was a benign tumor. At times after a tumor surgery involving the paranasal sinuses, nose etc, there is leakage of the CSF fluid from the brain. This can cause headaches. Headaches can also be due to blood in sinuses and due to sinusitis. At times there is infection of the meninges (covering) of the brain. Fatigue can even be due to blood loss anemia. Please discuss this with his doctor. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...