17 year old with non stop tonsilitis
I am 17 years old and since the being of october, I have had tonsilitis 4 times. Nothing is helping. I was on amoxicillin 500mg for 5 days, until I stared getting really sick off of it. Now whenever i take pictures of my tonsils, I notice clear, greenish bubbles all over my tonsils and white stuff that never really went away. Would should I do? I was on penicillin too.
Hi!
If you are having recurrent tonsillitis then either the antibiotics are not effective against the causative organism or you have not taken the complete course. You must get a swab test for culture and sensitivity. This will tell you what organism is causing the infection and what antibiotic will kill it permanently. Please do not take any antibiotic without this test because if the organism is not sensitive to the antibiotic, it will only sit quietly for some time and then flare up again.
Also tets for EBV or mono infection as this can also cause recurrent tonsillitis. The third possibility is a bad gastric reflux. If you feel heart burn or a feeling of food coming up then this is the most likely cause.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!