Teen Health Community
Adolescent health insurance?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Adolescent health insurance?

I'm 16, have two siblings, and we all live with my dad. None of us have health insurance and no one knows that the next step should be. We live in Minnesota. What would you suggest?
I'm not sure that you can get your own at 16, as typically it is 18 years and up, but there are a number of independent insurance companies that you can search online to see what they offer. It varies by state, so look up health insurance in *your state. Hope you can find one that fits best for you and the rest of your family.