Advice
My baby sister was raped and we just found out she's 7 weeks along. She's only twelve, and as her guardian, I was wondering if it would harm her or the baby to carry it to full term. I took her yesterday, and the doctor said there would be no risks. I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about this. Your sister is too young to be burdened with pregnancy and face the consequences of rape all her life. It would be better to get this pregnancy aborted in a good center under experienced hands. This will help her get on with her life after some time. However, this is just my opinion. You need to think about all the consequences of being a single mother at such a tender age and other such problems associated with raising a child (she is a child herself). Do discuss this with your doctor and a family counselor. Take care!