Teen Health Community
Are there supplements that help your whole body?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Are there supplements that help your whole body?

i am in high school, but i have always had body issues, i am extremely active and do cross country basketball and track. i heard i might just need more iron in my diet. but i was wandering if there was a supplement i could take that would help my muscles, cartilage, bones, and tendons. just to get them to be as healthy as i would like. so that i can be active without pain or injury. any help would be great.
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!

To e active, healthy and in good shape, you need to eat healthy, and exercise well. I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Consult an experience physical trainer and build up on stamina. Do exercises to build up muscle mass. The trainer can recommend a protein shake depending on your need. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...