Teen Health Community
Bes friend's verbally abused
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bes friend's verbally abused

I just met this friend a few months ago. We hardly talked at first, but when I really needed help she was there. I told her stuff nobody else knew and then she opened up. She told me her dad called her names, wh***, sl** all that. I can without a doubt say that she isn't. Because of what her dad says, she cuts herself. She's also under the impression that she's unloved. I have told her numerous times that no matter what, I do and I'll never leave or judge her, but I don't think she believes me. I want her to know she can trust me. I want her to open up. I don't want her to cut anymore or commit suicide. I don't want her to even contemplate it. She's the closest I have to a sister and one of the best friends I have ever had. Any ideas on how to let her know that she can trust me with anything?