Bes friend's verbally abused
I just met this friend a few months ago. We hardly talked at first, but when I really needed help she was there. I told her stuff nobody else knew and then she opened up. She told me her dad called her names, wh***, sl** all that. I can without a doubt say that she isn't. Because of what her dad says, she cuts herself. She's also under the impression that she's unloved. I have told her numerous times that no matter what, I do and I'll never leave or judge her, but I don't think she believes me. I want her to know she can trust me. I want her to open up. I don't want her to cut anymore or commit suicide. I don't want her to even contemplate it. She's the closest I have to a sister and one of the best friends I have ever had. Any ideas on how to let her know that she can trust me with anything?
Your friend needs to get professional help. I would ask her to see the school counselor or see if she will go to therapy. Is her mother in her life? I'd talk to her mom to make her go for therapy.