Black chunky coffee ground vomit
So this morning I rode my long board around town to go to the post office and register for school. After about 15 mins of riding I started feeling real queasy and picked up my board to start walking. After about 5 mins of walking I felt vomit rising up and tried to keep it down, I was unsuccessful and started spewing up really dark brown almost black chunks of stuff. At first I thought it was blood but then it seemed too dark, after throwing up twice I felt whatever it was start to subside and I got back on my board and kept riding. When I got to school they told me I needed a picture ID do get my classes registered so I rode all the way home as fast as I could. As i was walking up to the front door I started to feel my stomach contents rise again and made my way to the toilet asap. More of the dark black/brown coffee ground stuff came out and I emptied out the rest of whatever it was. After that I drank some water and brushed my teeth, I felt much better so I drove my car to finish up registration. Its now been about 5 hours since i first vomited and I haven't felt sick since the first two episodes. I'm wondering what happened to me and why, also if I should contact my doctor about this. Last time I drank was a glass of wine with my parents 4 days ago. I don't smoke and I live a fairly healthy active lifestyle. I labeled this sports injuries because I was exercising when it happened, please help me figure out whats going on.
It's probably some virus you picked up, stomach flu. Just rest and if you have more problems later, then you can call your doctor, but it shouldn't be a problem.
I took a short nap after I my first post, just woke up and I still feel normal as ever. I'll contact my family practice if I have any more problems, Thanks sweetpea for easing my concerns =)
If you are vomiting something that looks like coffee grounds than you need to see your doctor. Old blood looks like coffee grounds so you need to see someone.
This is NOT normal! Coffee-ground emesis (vomit) is usually caused by bleeding into your stomach (it gets digested.) You could have an ulcer which needs attention TODAY! I have seen people bleed to death from such things. Just as scary, -if it is caused by an ulcer, it can eat its way through into your gut and give you peritonitis. Do not mess with this. Even if the bleeding has stopped for the moment, whatever caused it is still there....-At least CALL your Dr for advice. ~MM
I know its not normal thats why I made this post. I went to see a doctor today she said if it happens again i need to go to the ER and she gave me some heartburn medication.