Teen Health Community
Bullying Monologue. Please read this if you are struggling with bullyin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Bullying Monologue. Please read this if you are struggling with bullying and teasing. It should help you.

Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the final monologue I will ever write on the MedHelp organisation forum. I am devastated over the death of eighteen year old Jesse Logan. If you don’t know, Jesse was a loving, outgoing and gorgeous young woman from Cincinnati, Ohio whose life was senselessly cut short by an epidemic that has been gripping the United States of America, Australia and the rest of the world.

This epidemic is known as sexting. Sexting is the capture, storage and distribution of sexually explicit material by means of technology (typically SMS technology). These message then go viral, viewed by sometimes hundreds of people at a time.

These pictures obviously come with comments and those comments can obviously be hurtful and this hurt and pain by bullying can lead some men, women and children to the path of suicide. Like eighteen year old Tyler Clementi, thirteen year old Asher Brown and thirteen year old Hope Witsell. And these are just the stories we hear about. How many men, women and children are still suffering? How many people still think they have no support? How many people feel they have to end the situation they are in this way?

It is unacceptable and absolutely disgusting. The issue of bullying and especially the notion of sexting are evil flaws in our society. I want everyone who is going through bullying and teasing to know that I know how you feel. I have been bullied for approximately six years. That is well over one third of my entire life. It all started in Grade
Three and ended with a teary address to our Health and Development Class by our teacher in the Ninth Grade. I have since been blessed with the love of basketball, brand new social skills and a huge set of awesomely amazing friends which I love. But I constantly asked myself. What if the issue did not stop in the Ninth Grade? What if I was like many young men, women and children in this world that went into adulthood with the notion that they were not good enough. I could have considered the worst. The truth is, my school and my friends saved my life and I could not be more grateful and loving to them as I am right now. One good decision, one good person, and one good moment you get support can save your life.

That is why there are so many amazing organisations and people out there supporting victims of bullying. Because they have recovered, I have recovered and you will recover from the hurt you have suffered at the hands of these sexters and cyber bullies and normal bullies, so don’t make a bad decision. In the words of Ellen De Generes, things will get better, people’s minds will change and you should be alive to see it.