Teen Health Community
CHEST PAINSS PLEASE HELPP..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

CHEST PAINSS PLEASE HELPP..

IM ONLY 17  YEARS OLD ABOUT TO TURN 18 IN JANUARY, AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING CHESR PAINS FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT AND I DONT KNOW WHY.. MOST OF THE TIME IT FEELS LIKE IM BOUT TO HAVE A DAGUM HEART ATTACK CAUSE IT HURTS  SO BAD THE OTHER DAY IT HURT SO BAD AND I TRIED MOVING TO MY LEFT SIDE AS SOON AS I DID SOMETHING POPPED IN MY CHEST AND IT STOPED HURTING.. BUT I STILL HAVE THEM EVERY SINGLE DAY AND LIKE TODAY I HAD THEM I KEPT FEELING DIZZY AND VERY SLEEPY AND EVERYTHING I HAVE ANXIETY BUT I KNOW ITS NOT FROM THAT CAUSE I HAVE BEEN A EHILE WITHOUT HAVING AN ANXIETY ATTACK. I LEARNED HOW TO SLOW THEM DOWN AND ITS BEEN LIKE 2 WEEKS AND I HAVENT HAD ANY BESIDES TODAY WHEN MY CHEST STARTED HURTING IS WHEN I FELT SO WIERD THEN MY CHEST PAINS WOULD STOP AND  IFELT NORMAL THEN THEY WOULD COME BACK ADN SAME THING HAPPENED AGIAN AND IT SCARES ME  BC I HAVE THIS PAIN EVERY SINGLE DAY.. IT DOES HURT IN SOME PLACES IF YOU PRESS ON MY CHEST BUT NOT LIKE I HAVE A BRUISE KINDA PAIN JUST PAIN.. WHST SLL CAUSES CHEST PAINS THATS NOT RELATED TO THE HEART? IVE HAD SO MANY TESTS DONE AND THEY SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE MY HEART LOOKED PERFECT..
Hi!
All stabbing chest pains should be investigated for angina and heart attack by 12 lead EKG and other tests and am glad you have been given a clean chit regarding this. Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning, moving in certain directions, stretching and deep breathing, goes more in favor of costochondritis. This causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. You can apply a local pain killer gel or cream and avoid pressing on the area. You can also use a heating pad.
Take care!
Thank you and I have never seen the gel stuff.. It's just like an everyday thing and its so annoying I hate it..