Teen Health Community
Can i have abit of advice please?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Can i have abit of advice please?

for awhile not I've been feeling down a lot, i have terrible mood swings they go from happy to sad to angry to depressed, my moods change almost instantly without warning for no apparent reason, i used to love being around people, now i just like to be left alone with my thoughts, it only takes the slightest thing to upset me, then theres times where i will just cry for no reason at all, but then happy the next minute i can find the slightest little thing irritable  is this normal for me to be like this day in day out, i get angry at myself for being like this but when im in one of the moods swings its hard to stop, i've been like this for quite a few month i'd say 4/5 month i have no self confidence, i hate myself if im honest with you i hate everything about me my body just everything, i'm 19 years old is this normal can i have some advice please?
Hi!
There is nothing much wrong with you. Soon you will bounce back to your normal self. If you have mood swings then please check and see if you have missed your periods. Pregnancy is the commonest cause of mood swings. Also, other possibilities are hectic life style, stress, high blood pressure and PCOD with hormonal changes. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. If no cause is found then taking up an exercise you like (cycling, jogging etc), listening to music, yoga, meditation etc may help. You can even talk to a counselor regarding this. Take care!
I'm not pregnant because well I've never been with a boy as I am gay, and tbh lately it's been getting worse as I have been starting to want to hurt my self such as pull my hair or cut ( I haven't yet) but I have been thinking about it. My mood swings are getting worse its not even like abnormal to me anymore because this is alls I've known for months I used to be able to control it now I don't
Hello im 14 and i have the same problems but what helps me get through it is finding a way to express myself and being able to talk about it like Music is a major help finding songs that can relate to how i feel helps me become happy and also drawing and watching the moon help me to. This might not help everyone but find something your interested in and really get into it. :)