Chest pain
Just over a month ago i started getting chest pains, mostly in the left side. It doesnt hurt to touch or when i breathe in, its just general pain. I went to 2 different doctors and they said it is indigestion and gave me medication but that hasn't helped. I'm starting to get worried now... is this serious? Im 13 years old and im a healthy weight. I seem to get it every day and for about about an hour at a time, 5 times a day.
Hi!
It is difficult to diagnose chest pains on net. Sharp stabbing pain under left ribs or over left chest could be due to acidity with gastric reflux or hiatal hernia. Take a late night snack. Raise head end of bed. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. Walking around also helps clear gas. I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) if these tips help you.
Other than that it could also be costochondritis, pleuritis (inflammation of covering of lung) or pericarditis (inflammation of covering of heart). IBS, Crohn’s, chronic constipation, spleen problems like bleeding, cyst, abscess etc can also cause pain under left ribs.
Please consult your PCP/pediatrician for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!